Mizzou is committed to helping all Missourians obtain a high-quality and affordable education.
Since 2018, the Missouri Land Grant has helped hundreds of Pell Grant eligible Missouri families obtain a top-notch education by ensuring all tuition is covered for up to 10 fall or spring semesters (that’s a total of 5 years – if you need it)! It is automatically awarded to students annually who meet the eligibility criteria.
How does it work?
We take the total amount of tuition and mandatory fee charges and subtract the total amount of federal grants, state grants or scholarships, some Mizzou scholarships, and some external scholarships (as determined by Student Financial Aid). If there is a remaining tuition balance, then the Missouri Land Grant will pay it! You can receive this grant for up to 10 fall or spring semesters if you maintain eligibility. This award cannot be applied to summer semesters. Additional charges, such as but not limited to, bookstore charges, parking passes, housing, dining, and other charges billed to your student account are not covered by this grant.
Who is eligible? *^
- Missouri resident at the time of admission
- Undergraduate student pursuing their first bachelor’s degree
- Enrolled full-time in a fall or spring term (except for last term before graduation)
- Complete a FAFSA by the published priority deadline (this must be done every year — put a reminder in your calendar!)
- Must be Federal Pell Grant eligible as determined by the FAFSA
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
*The Missouri Land Grant award amount and eligibility criteria are subject to change annually depending on institutional funding. New award amounts and eligibility criteria do not apply retroactively to previous academic years.
^On a case-by-case basis, a student or their family may be asked to provide additional documentation not listed on the FAFSA to help us determine your eligibility for the Mizzou Land Grant. You will be notified if this applies to you.