Students can borrow money from the U.S. Department of Education or private lenders. If you need a private or alternative loan, you should consult with a financial aid adviser.

Loans must be accepted and certified before they can be credited to your university account. Allow at least two weeks before the last date of the semester for loan certification and approval.

Federal funds cannot be released prior to 10 days before the beginning of the period of enrollment.  For minimum enrollment requirements go to Enrollment Requirements.

First-time borrowers in the Ford Federal Loan Program must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and loan entrance counseling before funds can be credited to a student account.