Program ends September 30, 2017
A Federal Perkins Loan is a low-interest loan for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.
- Low interest loan based upon exceptional financial need
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree program
- Requires a separate master promissory note (MPN)
- The MPN cannot be completed until the loan has been certified by MU
- Students who have granted eConsent are notified by e-mail when the MPN is available for electronic signature
The Federal Perkins Loan program will be ending on September 30, 2017. A student who has been offered a Perkins loan must accept it in myZou by September 22, 2017 and complete the Perkins Loan paperwork (including promissory note) no later than September 28, 2017. The Perkins loan must be disbursed to a student’s University account no later than September 29, 2017. A Perkins loan that has not disbursed by September 29, 2017 will be cancelled and removed from the student’s financial aid award package.
- No interest accrues while you are in school at least half time
- Fixed interest rate of 5 percent
- Repayment begins nine months after graduation or withdrawal from college