Federal Pell Grant

This grant is awarded to students demonstrating the greatest financial need according to a federal eligibility formula. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate student working toward your first bachelor’s degree. Award amounts typically change each academic year and range depending upon financial need, as determined by a federal formula, and are prorated based on hours enrolled as of the add/drop period.

If you would like to know your estimated Federal Pell Grant for full-time enrollment, it would be listed on your Student Aid Report (SAR) that you receive from the U.S. Department of Education after filing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once your eligibility is determined, you will receive an award notice from the Student Financial Aid office. Award amounts are subject to change based on your enrollment status and changes to your FAFSA.

Enrollment and Eligibility Requirements

In order to maintain eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant, students must participate in enrolled courses. If a student drops, withdraws from, or fails a course, those courses will be reviewed for participation in academically related activities. If we are not able to document participation, then the Federal Pell Grant will be subject to a reduction based on course enrollment in which the student participated.

Visit studentaid.gov for more information about the Federal Pell Grant.