Helping your student


Incoming freshmen and transfer students must contact the Office of Admissions to enroll at MU. Continuing students may register online through the myZou student center.

Undergraduate students receiving financial aid are expected to meet minimum enrollment requirements.

For more information, contact the University Registrar.


A billing statement is available on the myZou student center on or around the 20th of each month. Payment is due on the 15th of the following month. If the 15th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, payment is due the preceding business day. The billing statement shows the total amount due or the minimum payment due.

In order for a parent to access billing information, the student must grant permission.

For more information, contact the Office of Cashiers.

Paying tuition and fees

If your financial aid award does not cover all tuition and fees, you may pay the semester total or pay through an installment plan. The minimum payment is automatically figured on your bill. To avoid finance charges and late-payment fees, pay the billed balance in full by the scheduled due date.

For more information, contact the Office of Cashiers.

Verifying payment

Students can check account information by logging onto the myZou student center.

Paying for housing and dining

On-campus housing is billed through the Office of Cashiers and appears on the student’s billing statement. If the student is in on-campus housing and receiving financial aid, the awards may cover the entire housing balance. All available funds will be applied to the housing charge.

Sorority and fraternity houses are considered off-campus housing and are not included on the student’s billing statement. Financial aid will not automatically cover this type of housing.

For more information about housing, contact the Department of Residential Life.

Buying books

Books can be purchased at the University Bookstore. Students can charge their books to their university accounts, and any remaining financial aid can be applied to these charges.