You must provide consent to submit and access financial aid information electronically. After being admitted to MU, log on to myZou, and click on "UM e-Consent." More about eConsent.

Understanding myZou

Log on to myZou with your username and password. (Need help accessing your user account? Check the Division of Information Technology's user account guide.)

MyZou welcome screenshot

Click "Student Center" on the middle of the page. Then click on "Finances." From this page, you can view your bill and manage your financial aid.

Provide eConsent

MyZou screenshot

If the "Finances" section of your Student Center page displays “You do not have access to financial information because you have not granted eConsent,” click "eConsent Details" and choose "Accept eConsent." You must log back on to myZou to continue.

More about eConsent.

Accept or decline financial aid

MyZou view bill screenshot

Under "Finances," click "Accept/Decline Awards." Choose the academic term for which you want to accept or decline financial aid. Then click the “Accept” or “Decline” checkbox. Click "Submit."

More about receiving aid.

Set up direct deposit of excess financial aid funds

MyZou screenshot

All financial aid funds, except Federal Work Study funds, are applied directly to your MU account established through the Office of Cashiers. If your financial aid exceeds your university charges, the balance can be paid to you by check or by direct deposit into your bank account. To set up direct deposit in myZou, under "Finances," click "Manage Direct Deposit." Enter your bank’s routing number and your bank account number.

More about how funds are applied to your account.

Get help

Need further assistance? Consult the Division of Information Technology (DoIT).