Mizzou Heritage Scholarship
- Biological, adoptive, or step-parent who graduated from the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO.
- Top 25 percent of high school graduating class
- Graduation from an accredited high school
- Composite ACT score of 27 or higher or an SAT score of 1280 or higher for the new exam/1210 or higher pre-March 2016 exam.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Non-Missouri resident
- Enrollment at MU the first semester after high school graduation
Non-ranking high schools
Rank will not be considered from high schools listed as non-ranking. For students who have attended a high school that does not rank its students, admission and scholarship eligibility will be based on grade point average in required core classes in combination with standardized test scores.
Waiver of nonresident tuition (approximately $14,000) for nonresident students. Waiver of nonresident tuition is for a total of 8 regular semesters (fall and spring), students are not eligible for the waiver during summer terms.
(Will be canceled or reduced if nonresident tuition is waived or paid by another source.)
No application required. Students are automatically considered once admitted to MU.
Renewable for an additional three years. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight regular (fall or spring) semesters, or until receiving a bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
To remain eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled at MU for each regular (fall and spring) semester
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 MU credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Complete at least 24 graded credit hours each academic year
- Maintain a cumulative MU grade point average of 3.25 or higher
Failure to meet the renewal criteria will cause the recipient to be ineligible to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. If at the end of that academic year the renewal criteria listed above are met, the scholarship will be reinstated for the next academic year. However, all regular semesters of enrollment are counted toward the eight-semester limit of receiving the award.
Non-Missouri-resident students whose out-of-state fees are paid by another source are not eligible to receive out-of-state fee waivers through automatic scholarships.
The scholarship pays for 100 percent of the nonresident fees charged for enrollment. It does not, however, pay for any other educational or enrollment fee. For a list of fees, please refer to the MU Office of Cashiers.
The Mizzou Heritage Scholarship is not transferable among the campuses of the University of Missouri system.