International Merit Scholarship
- Combined SAT score of 1200 or higher (critical reading and math scores) or ACT Composite 27 or higher
- Minimum TOEFL score of 79 or higher (550-pbt; or 6.5 IELTS overall band score)
- Non-U.S. resident
- Non-Missouri resident
- Enrollment at MU directly after secondary-school graduation
$5,000 per year for students receiving the International Merit Scholarship for the first time on or after Fall 2016.
$4,000 per year for students receiving the International Merit Scholarship for the first time prior to Fall 2016.
The International Merit Scholarship will be canceled if nonresident tuition is waived or paid by another source.
No application required. Students are automatically considered once admitted to MU.
Renewable for an additional three years. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight regular (fall or spring) semesters or until receiving a bachelor's degree, whichever occurs first.
To remain eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled at MU for each regular (fall and spring) semester
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 MU credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Complete at least 24 graded credit hours each academic year
- Maintain a cumulative MU grade point average of 3.25 or higher
Failure to meet the renewal criteria will cause the recipient to be ineligible to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. If at the end of that academic year the renewal criteria listed above are met, the scholarship will be reinstated for the next academic year. However, all regular semesters of enrollment are counted toward the eight-semester limit of receiving the award.
Not transferable among the campuses of the University of Missouri system.