Global Heritage Scholarship
- Biological or adoptive parent who graduated from the University of Missouri
- Composite ACT score of 27 or higher or an SAT score of 1280 or higher for the new exam/1200 or higher pre-March 2016 exam
- Non-U.S. resident
- Non-Missouri resident
- Required core minimum grade point average during the last four years of secondary school.
- Minimum TOEFL score required by student's academic department
- Enrollment at MU the first semester after secondary-school graduation
- Cannot be combined with the International Merit Scholarship or the International Honors Scholarship.
The secondary school core grade point average will be figured by the International Admissions Office using nationally recognized guidelines. The IAO decision will be final.
Waiver of nonresident tuition (approximately $15,000) for nonresident students. Waiver of nonresident tuition is for a total of 8 regular semesters (fall and spring), students are not eligible for the waiver during summer terms.
(Will be canceled or reduced if nonresident tuition is waived or paid by another source.)
To apply, email the International Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should include:
- Student's name, date of birth and MU ID number
- The alumni parent's name, date of birth, degree received from MU and date degree was earned.
Please have the following documents sent to the International Admissions Office at 230 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211:
- Official copy of the student's birth certificate
- Official high school transcript showing the date of high school (secondary school) graduation
- Official copy of SAT or ACT score and TOEFL scores
Renewable for an additional three years. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight regular (fall or spring) semesters, or until receiving a bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
To remain eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled at MU for each regular (fall and spring) semester
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 MU credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Complete at least 24 graded credit hours each academic year
- Maintain a cumulative MU grade point average of 3.25 or higher
Failure to meet the renewal criteria will cause the recipient to be ineligible to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. If at the end of that academic year the renewal criteria listed above are met, the scholarship will be reinstated for the next academic year. However, all regular semesters of enrollment are counted toward the eight-semester limit of receiving the award.
Non-Missouri-resident students whose out-of-state fees are paid by another source are not eligible to receive out-of-state fee waivers through automatic scholarships.
Not transferable among the campuses of the University of Missouri system.