- Competitive high school academic record, including grades, class rank and ACT or SAT scores
- Graduation from an accredited high school
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enrollment at MU the first semester after high school graduation
- Membership in a racial or ethnic minority group that is underrepresented in relation to the University's goal to achieve educational benefits of a diverse student body.
- First preference given to Missouri residents
- Students admitted on probation are not eligible for the Diversity Award
- Missouri resident: $2,500 per year
- Non-Missouri resident: Waiver of nonresident tuition (approximately $14,000). Waiver of nonresident tuition is for a total of 8 regular semesters (fall and spring), students are not eligible for the waiver during summer terms.
No separate application is required. All admitted students are automatically reviewed for consideration for the scholarship and students who are eligible for the scholarship will be notified.
Renewable for an additional three years. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight regular (fall or spring) semesters, or until receiving a bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
To remain eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled at MU for each regular (fall and spring) semester
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 MU credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Complete at least 24 graded credit hours each academic year
- Maintain a cumulative MU grade point average of 2.2 or higher
- Participate in the MAP program through Academic Retention Services.
Failure to meet the renewal criteria will cause the recipient to be ineligible to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. If at the end of that academic year the renewal criteria listed above are met, the scholarship will be reinstated for the next academic year. However, all regular semesters of enrollment are counted toward the eight-semester limit of receiving the award.
Non-Missouri-resident students whose out-of-state fees are paid by another source are not eligible to receive out-of-state fee waivers through automatic scholarships.
Exceptions to any of the above renewal requirements must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Office of Student Financial Aid
11 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Not transferable among the campuses of the University of Missouri system.