- Composite ACT score of 31 or higher (or an SAT score of 1420 or higher for the new exam/1360 or higher pre-March 2016 exam)
- Top 10% of high school graduating class
- ACT or SAT score sent directly to MU from either ACT or the College Board. Note: MU can no longer take test scores from high school transcripts for the Chancellor's Award
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Missouri resident graduating from an accredited high school
- Enrollment at MU the first semester after high school graduation
Effective Fall 2014, the award is $6,500 per year.
No application required. Students are automatically considered once admitted to MU.
Renewable for an additional three years. Students can receive the scholarship for a maximum of eight regular (fall or spring) semesters, or until receiving a bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
To remain eligible for the award, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled at MU for each regular (fall and spring) semester
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 MU credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Complete at least 24 graded credit hours each academic year
- Maintain a cumulative MU grade point average of 3.25 or higher
Failure to meet the renewal criteria will cause the recipient to be ineligible to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. If at the end of that academic year the renewal criteria listed above are met, the scholarship will be reinstated for the next academic year. However, all regular semesters of enrollment are counted toward the eight-semester limit of receiving the award.
Not transferable among the campuses of the University of Missouri system.