Missouri Department of Higher Education
Need Acrobat Reader?
To view the PDF files linked on this page, you will need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act Grants
The Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act requires Missouri public postsecondary institutions to limit eligible combat veterans' tuition to $50 per credit hour.
- U.S. veteran status
- Active service in an armed combat zone, as designated by the U.S. Department of Defense, for more than 30 days since Sept. 11, 2001
- Missouri resident at time of entrance into the military
- Honorable discharge from military service
- Enrollment in an undergraduate degree-seeking program
Maximum award amount
- Based on current enrollment and other financial assistance
- After subtracting all other aid designated for tuition and fees, such as grants and scholarships, any remaining tuition and fees exceeding $50 per credit hour will be waived
- Must maintain minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average each semester